“La Garde du Roi” Chess Club is a non-profit association whose purpose is the practice, study, teaching and promotion of chess for children and adults.
The “Garde du Roi” Chess Club, through its school, the Prunescu Chess School, runs chess courses for adults and children of all ages and levels.
The activity of the Club focuses on 4 areas.
To keep up with the news subscribe to our Newsletter.
Every week the club organizes activities with the chess theme for kids using fun and creative methods such as:
- role play: children will play the role of chess pieces, to develop their skills of oral expression or acting
- painting and drawing: children will be given a specific theme to create their own pictures with their favourite pieces.
- stories: children will be transported into the world of chess, to develop their imagination and strategy, which they will need later during chess games.
- video and animated screenings about chess.
- demonstrations of short games – to learn about pieces and how to move each piece.
To achieve this goal, the “Garde du Roi” Club, through the Prunescu Chess School, organizes specific courses for advanced players and regular courses given by professional and qualified coaches.
Players are regularly accompanied at national and international tournaments and championships, benefiting from: preparation and analyses of games, moral support from their coaches, monitoring and logistical support.
Chess develops mental skills of children which are helpful throughout life: concentration, memory, critical thinking, abstract rationing, problem solving, strategic planning, creativity, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation are just a few examples.
During chess games, children learn to develop creative solutions and how to implement a plan of action, because each move requires analysing and evaluating yours and your opponent’s position in order to devise a winning strategy.
Given the benefits that chess can have for children, our Club aims to develop several partnerships with the public and private schools of Canton Vaud.
Fridays chess evening are ideal allowing to the participants to learn chess while having fun in family.
Concentration, memory, logic, strategy, rapid decision-making: chess helps you to learns a lot and brings the whole family together in an evening of good humor. Children love to share their passion for chess with their parents and are more motivated to progress.